top of page

Legal advice and support for women


Family law

020 7251 6577

Liz Truss MP for women

0207 219 7151

Vicky Ford MP for families and children

01245 352 872

Reducing the risk Oxfordshire IDVA service

01865 965055

DV Assist

DV Assist is currently the UK’s only registered national charity specialising in civil injunction orders such as Non-Molestation, Occupation and Prohibited Steps Orders for survivors of domestic abuse. DV Assist will protect and support those in need regardless of their financial circumstances, race, gender or sexual orientation.

They receive referrals from police forces, Women’s Aid, Refuge, local authorities and IDVA’s in addition to numerous domestic abuse organisations and individuals affected by domestic abuse.

Website: Phone: 0800 195 8699 Email:

FLOWS – Finding Legal Options for Women Survivors

FLOWS is delivered by the Family Team of RCJ Advice, in partnership with Rights of Women. They can provide advice about legal options available. You can contact them if you are a front line worker or if you are a domestic abuse survivor.

They are funded by the Tampon Tax Fund to expand access to legal advice for women experiencing domestic abuse through the provision of phone and email consultancy advice, digital tools, and an online forum for the front line workers who assist women.

Website: Phone: 0203 745 7707 Email:


FLAG DV, Free Legal Advice Group for Domestic Violence, is a charity providing free legal advice from family law solicitors. They focus on empowerment, protection and choice and operate across Thames Valley in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. To access their service, please complete their referral form. They also operate a phone line ensuring all victims can access the service. Support is available to any domestic abuse victim in the Thames Valley, no matter their gender, sexual orientation or gender identity.

Website: Phone: 01635 015854 Mon/Wed/Fri 10am – 1pm Email:

National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV)

NCDV is a national legal firm that provides a fast, free emergency injunction service to survivors of domestic abuse. Practitioners can also make quick referrals via their app.

Website: Phone: 0800 970 2070 Email:

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice can offer free advice, information and support on a wide variety of topics including legal support. You can use their advice line, chat with an advisor, or find your local Citizens Advice here.

Website: Phone (England): 0800 144 8848 Phone (Wales): 0800 702 2020 Relay UK: If you can’t hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say: 18001 then 0800 144 8884

Rights of Women

Rights of Women are a charity working in a number of ways to help women understand the law and their legal rights. They also work to improve the law for women and increase women’s access to justice.

Website: Phone: 020 7251 6577 Email:

NRPF Network

The No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) Network is a national network safeguarding the welfare of destitute families, adults and care leavers who are unable to access benefits due to their immigration status. Find out where migrant families can get help with housing and financial support when they have no recourse to public funds (NRPF) here. Their website is full of useful information and resources.

Child Law Advice

Child Law Advice is operated by Coram Children’s Legal Centre. They provide specialist advice and information on child, family and education law to parents, carers and young people in England, with a wealth of information and resources on their website. They have guidance on getting in touch with them here.


LawStuff provides free legal information to children and young people. LawStuff is run by Coram Children’s Legal Centre. You can get in touch via their contact form or view their website for plenty of information.

You can find out more about legal aid, and whether you are eligible via the Government website.

68 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Bình luận

bottom of page